Wednesday, August 18, 2010

With a new partner (after you dealt with infidelity) can you trust again?

my spouse cheated on me and then some. he claimed to be someone he wasn't at all. oh my, when i said i want to leave because i dont believe his lies, i got my *** beat.


however, if you have been lied to, cheated on and met someone new, can you trust that person eventually? and if you do meet someone that's great, does that pain from that previous marriage/relationship vanish?


i am close to my 40s and can hardly believe anything one tells me, of course that's more related to men right now.


so how is life after the betrayal?With a new partner (after you dealt with infidelity) can you trust again?
If you can't trust any men.None of your relationships will work. I'd wait till you can trust again and it will happen when you find the right guy.With a new partner (after you dealt with infidelity) can you trust again?
Anyone in their upper 20s and above should wrap their heads around the concept of developing a working relationship with a private investigator and having a background check run on anyone you think you might be getting serious about. A couple hundred dollars on a background search has the potential of sparing you a lot of grief... arrest records, credit records, bankruptcies, past marriages, children, lawsuits... all are a measure of that person's merit.





It does take a while to get past that kind of betrayal. You might consider some counseling and perhaps read some self-help books to determine if your own thoughts %26amp; attitudes attracted this liar to you.
Im in my 30's and i feel your pain when it comes to trust:( I think that if you really meet someone that loves you and cares for you. You really need to try and give them your trust.. Unless they give you a reason not to trust them.. You dont want to doom a possibly good relationship because of no trust... As for a man kicking your a** you should not even deal with that sh*t. .. Good luck
It's been 9 years since my wife cheated on me and left us. I have the same questions as you, but in the end I decided I never want to go back to a vulnerability like that again. There is a loneliness to be certain, but trust me when I say there are worse things than being lonely.
i'm sorry about your spouse. my mom was in her 30's... her spouse cheated on her alot, and he always put her down... made her feel really shitty... she divorced him twice... then she met my dad... he had just divorced his spouse that cheated on him alot too... obviously it worked out for them... she still hates her ex though... even bought a ring to celebrate her divorce from him lol. but she's happy now.
Betrayal makes you more alert. There is nothing wrong with being mistrustful.....it helps you spot a lie faster. Trust is not all its cracked up to be. I don't care how great anyone is......you should never fully trust them. People do stupid things. It is good to be prepared for it.
yes you have to realize these are two different people and not all men will treat you that way. Life after betrayal is great once you get on your feet
I cannot answer that b/c I have never betrayed someone.
It takes time. Lots and lots of time.
eeesh. Hard subject. My husband cheated on me. I still loved him that is why I stayed. I forgave him, I dont look thru his phone, or emails anymore, that just drove me crazy. The more trust I started showing him, the better our relationship got. Yes, he made a mistake, but taking them back and crucifying them for doing it will kill the relationship too. If your meant to be, your meant to be, nothing will stop that. P.s. After I took him back, I think trusting him again was the most rewarding because the more trust I gave, the more love and respect I achieved. Things Arent always like that though, I am not an idiot. Fool me once shame on you.....Dont stay after time and time again. Dont give faith to someone who doesnt have faith in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment