Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with Borderline Personality Disorder.?

One of my friends has Borderline personality, she has lived with it for two years now. No medication, no therapy, no nothing due to lack of money and no insurance. I care about my friend and I want to see here get better not keep hurting herself. Having good days and bad days, running back and forth from a spouse who talks her into doing illegal things, and in the past has gotten her hooked on different kinds of drugs. Has been in and out of jail due to bad check writing, and DUI. The other person she has in her life is her ex husband who she is with right now, he has put up with her cheating on him, stealing money from him so her and the other ex can get by. She lives rent free with her ex husband who works two jobs even buys her smokes.





I have seen her fly off the handle not only with me but with him as well. She puts him down, cusses him like a dog, hits him sometimes and throws things at him. The other side of her she is intelligent and can be ok to be around. It just depends on her mood, if things don't go her way she hates you.





I don't know what to do for her and neither does her ex husband.How to deal with Borderline Personality Disorder.?
I have lived with Borderline Personality Disorder untreated for 24 years %26amp; it's been hell. Because of my mood swings, distressing thoughts %26amp; feelings along with social/relationship issues, I had no self-esteem %26amp; became a very angry, resentful %26amp; aggressive person who constantly abused drugs. I self-harmed %26amp; had countless suicide attempts %26amp; psych ward admissions. I went to jail, I lost my job, my car, my home %26amp; I went bankrupt %26amp; the authorities took my kids off me. Medication alone didn't help, the only answer is therapy-maybe your friends ex-husband could stop buying her smokes %26amp; start paying for medical insurance instead? Dialectical Behaviour Therapy was developed to specifically treat BPD sufferers. It helps people learn to understand %26amp; cope with their thoughts %26amp; feelings %26amp; how to control their behaviour. There really is no other easy way to deal with this type of complex mental illness %26amp; her life %26amp; the lives of those around her will continue to be chaotic until she gets the right type of support %26amp; treatment. Is there no clinics at all that offer public assistance? There are a number of books published for sufferers as well as friends %26amp; family of sufferers on how to cope with someone close with the symptoms of BPD.How to deal with Borderline Personality Disorder.?
I had an ex boyfriend that had/has BPD. There is a book called Stop Walking on Eggshells. It helped me understand the disorder and learn how to deal with it. My mom also shows characteristics of the disorder. It is very frustrating and tiresome trying to deal with someone that has BPD. I think this book would help you and her ex husband tremendously! She really does sound just like my ex boyfriend.
beware of the advice which people suggest that YOU should be the one who changes YOUR behavior.


This world is overmedicated and overdiagnosed and frankly im tired of people using their so-called ';disorders'; as an excuse for bad behavior.


Sound advice to you:





RUN
Check with your local mental health center; sometimes there are programs for people who have no money or insurance. It would be worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment