Friday, August 20, 2010

Doesn't anybody else find this outrageous?

I can't believe how out of control society is. As an active movie goer I've found that you can't go into any movie today (except G and PG rated movies) without seeing boobs and sex. Its even in PG-13 movies! I'm sorry but no 13 year old should be watching people have sex on the big screen. I have grown up thinking sex is meant between two people in love behind closed doors. Young girls (and guys) watch this. Suddenly kids are having sex at 12 and 13, girls are going anorexic, and pretty much all people admit to having self esteem issues. If sex and boobs are so important in a movie its just a sucky movie anyway! Back in the 1950's pregnancy wasn't even mentioned and couples on t.v. slept in seperate beds. Now t.v. shows, show just about as much as they can. And what about your children? Do you feel okay allowing them to watch movies and shows where its portrayed as fun to have sex, and cheat on their spouses, and skinny girls are admired and fat are looked down on. As a teenager I dealt with depression. I had very low self esteem because I felt I would never be as good as those pretty girls and my body would never look like the ones on the movies. I think the movie ';knocked up'; took it TOO far! Showing mulitiple sex scenes. And even a women giving birth! Shouldn't this be stopped? Is all that really nessacary to put in movies? What are your thoughts? Doesn't anybody else find this outrageous?
i think as americans, our values are getting looser and looser. we keep pushing the bar and it'd just going to get worse. did you think two years ago that they'd show a penis in a rated r movie like they did in forgetting sarah marshall? and yes, i think it's terrible. i remember when titanic came out (still haven't seen it) and i knew from hearsay that there was nudity. and then going over to my little cousins' house (ages 5 and 11) were watching it. shocked! sex and nudity is becoming so common place. it's really watering down the emotional and private side of sex. these poor girls are not going to be able to enjoy sex when they're older because they are going to think they have to ';perform'; like the women in the movies. their perception of sex is distorted. in any case, it is not appropriate for children and teens who are all very impressionable to watch any movie rated anything above pg these days. sad but true.Doesn't anybody else find this outrageous?
WOW!!! i agree with everything you are saying. i was talking to my mom about this actually couple of hours ago. i think society is going absolutely insane. and now talking about bringing the drinking age down. that will be even worse. i dotn wat to say about this non sense.








comment my question need help plzz
13 isn't as young as you think anymore...i think by 13 they should be able to watch whatever and know whats right and wrong.
I think they have ratings for a reason...that stuff doesn't bother me, so I go see it. Stuff that does bother me (the whole new horror/torture genre) , I simply don't see. I think there is definitely something f*ked up about that. But generally speaking , sex ,violence, language doesn't phase me. I am glad that there is a rating system so that responsible parents can make informed decisions about what their kids watch. There's also some really great movie critics that rate just for this (and the one I saw movie mom I think was very objective in her rating).


Unfortunately , you can lead a horse to water , but you can't make irresponsible parents act responsibly. I have seen 3 and 4 year olds in rated PG13 and R movies consistently. When I went to Batman (which I loved, but I'm 43) there was a couple with 2 kids in there, ages 2 and 5 approx.


As a mom, I very actively was involved in what my daughter did and didn't watch and I was always the mean mom , which I'm fine with. And I do think that she benefitted from that. Not to mention the fact that she's an avid reader partially because I wouldn't buy a tv til she got older and because we read together. She's 21 now. I think I let her watch some Rs at 16 and 17. I always looked at the movies first if I had a doubt. I'll never forget renting Scary Movie because her and all of her friends just had to see it. So I watched it first and told her no flipping way...she was in 8th..so 14 years old. But I don't think they should ban Scary Movie (though I wasn't impressed with it). I just think kids don't need to go to it.


I do not advocate sensoring movies. I'd probably vote for sterilizing some people so they wouldn't be parents ,but since this won't fly...we just have to be satisfied with things like ratings and warnings.
well i am a 13 year old and i was very excited when i was legally allowed 2 c pg-13 movies. all of my friends know what sex is, how it works the whole 9 yards. but we knew it when we were 10. and my friends that have self esteem issues dont compare themselves 2 movie stars, but 2 other kids @ my school. and they compare themselves 2 older siblings. i know myself i have self esteem issues but not about my sex appeal. and its not the 1950s anymore, normal couples sleep in the same bed. i dont know ANYONE who's sexually active when they're 12 or 13 or 14. and even if they were it doesnt matter as long as we use protection! and if i'm not mistaken knocked up was rated R right? so we couldnt see them anyway. dont stress too much
I agree. I don't think they should make everything such a big secret like in the 50's but your right TV and movies are getting pretty ridiculous and you can't really count on parents to figure out what their kid should or shouldn't watch anymore cause their all pretty stupid. Hell I even watched some parent buy GTA San Andreas back when it came out for a kid that looked like he was 12. People are such idiots these days I am slowly getting to the point where I don't like many people.
I don't know what happened. I remember that Bob,Carol ,Ted and Alice was the most scandalous movie ever!! Compared to now that is like The sound of Music. The other day we watched ';Children of A Lesser God';..it was a great story but alot of the language was totally not needed..and wasn't part of the story in any way!!


I think it goes farther than movies with esteem..I don't think that lovely Barbie doll helped either(I always wondered how she got money to buty her fancy car and stuff). I have a niece who when she was 3 years old thought she was fat! I feel your pain but the only way it will stop is if people stop going to them...The biggest thing I miss is prime time when everything before 9:00 was family friendly..
I think it's natural, ultimately a love scene has some meaning behind it. I'd also rather have a sex scene then a violent scene. I find it more shocking that violence is found a lot more movies than sex.





To the person above me. I think it's great that the drinking age may be brought down. Face it, every teenager finds drinking alcohol like the forbidden fruit, it's very tempting and you feel bad a$$ when you drink. If everyone else is drinking it doesn't make you very special. I also think that children should learn to drink with family rather than friends because it's controlled.

No comments:

Post a Comment