Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with a husbands ex?

Ok my husband and I have been married just over a year and I would say that we have a typical marriage. My husband works 2nd shift in a factory and puts in a lot of over time, but the time we have we try to spent together. He鈥檚 a great guy and he has treated my daughter from a previous relationship like his own. I have done something鈥檚 in my relationship that I wasn鈥檛 proud of (i have cheated on him, but he doenst' know), but we do love each other very much.





My problem is my husband was in a relationship with a girl for 5 years. It was his first love and they broke up like 6 years ago. Shes the type of girl that everyone hates your spouse to have as an ex. Shes successful and beautiful. I know he is over her because he has told me that his past is in the past and its that. However he and his ex have still kept in contact over the years they were apart. I don鈥檛鈥?think that they have ever got back together after they split but they would meet up for beers and hang out. Since we have been married they haven鈥檛 talked then all of a sudden she started sending him text messages. I found out because he left his cell phone at home one night when he was at the gym. She sent him a happy birthday message. A message that she heard a song they used to sing together. A message asking how one of his friends was doing because she ran into him and he looked up set..I don鈥檛鈥?know if she is just trying to get back in his life or what. I honestly think she still loves him and it really irritates me. I have told him to tell her to not to text but she still has texted him.Also one weekend I was working at the bar and he was walking with one of his friends and she was there with her husband and she came up and gave him a hug and was talking to her. I just don鈥檛鈥?want her around. Am I wrong to think that she is trying to break my relationship or does my husband like the attention? I鈥檓 going crazy here.How do you deal with a husbands ex?
Maybe you're just paranoid that he could cheat on you because you've done it to him. You are most afraid of what YOU are capable of, not necessarily your spouse. And really if he did stray, even if he doesn't know about what you did, you would deserve it. Karma isnt the only thing thats a b*tch.How do you deal with a husbands ex?
No one likes exes keeping in touch with their significant others, but it doesn't seem like she has done anything bad so far. If you are worried about it talk to your husband and tell him how you feel.





You did cheat on him, maybe this is your karma, who knows.
I think you're just afraid he's going to do the same thing you did to him to you.
sounds like everyone needs to back check.








so why did you cheat?
You have every right to be upset in this situation. He should concentrate on you and on what makes YOU happy, not every other history junk that comes around. More than likely, he does not want to be contacted, and simply wants to be polite without knowing how to say ';No'; to that annoying lady. This means, you are the one who will have to become extremely firm and non-negotiating in this matter. As soon as he comes home, tell him straight up that this situation is seriously upsetting to you and that every texting to that person means the time taken away from his family and from you. Then hand him the phone. He should make a call to that person and tell her he prefers not to be contacted again. Make him do the right thing if he is not a man enough to do it himself.





If she shows up unexpectedly in public place you two attend, go up to her and say ';Listen up here, I don't want to see your a';ss anywhere near my husband again. Now, get lost.'; This should send a pretty clear message. One thing is for sure: she is not going to stop unless you put a clear and definite end to it.
your cheating has caused your insecurity. this isn't his problem...she could be ANYONE and you'd feel this way. this is why you're not supposed to cheat.





suck it up honey....now, you have no right to complain about it, no right to be defensive, and no right to be jealous. it's called consequences. pay up, or ship out.





sorry sweetie. good luck!
...How do I deal with my husbands ex? ...Well luckily none of them around....but if they were...I sure as h*ll wouldn't deal with any of them. Your husband is married to YOU...and if everything he says is true..that he's over her blah blah blah...then he needs to break it off with her. I don't believe in husbands talking or keeping in contact with ex's...that's just unacceptable and completely unecessary. It's pointless! If your husband truly does not care about his ex...then he needs to respect your feelings and not have anything to do with her. If I were you I'd be pissed...I don't care how long they went out...or what the had...or if they just want to catch up. I don't think so...they don't need to...it's not like they're going to die if they don't talk to each other. So that's that...
I am my boyfriends, beautiful, successful ex girlfriend. Get it?





I broke up with him years ago. He got married and had kids. I went and did my own thing. We remained close friends. He never said anything, but I knew he always still loved me.





We're very happy together, and hopefully, some day we'll both be financially stable enough for him to leave his wife.





YOU ARE NOT CRAZY. You are NOT imagining anything, or being paranoid. The presence of another woman in your husbands life SHOULD be a serious concern to you.
I would tell him he better have no contact with her at all or else. I don't want my husband to even think about his ex but I have to since they have four kids together. Since he doesn;t have any kids with her there is no reason. I would make you request clear and if he does do it then maybe you should go hang out with your ex and let him see how it feels
He prob does like the attention but don't be insecure. the texts that you found were perfectly innocent so you most likely don't have anything to worry about. they broke up a long time ago. If he's smart, he knows that she is an ex for a reason. you got him. relax and enjoy!
If she was there with her husband, then why would you suspect she's making a move on your husband? From what you told, it doesn't sound as if anything inappropriate is happening. If something were going on, it would happen regardless. Your insecurity is just going to strain things between you and your husband.





People who cheat tend to project what they've done onto other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment