Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is cheating on a fiance really as bad, still want a good explanation?

As mentioned in a previous question when I bashed John Edwards for cheating on his wife to a friend of mine, she pointed out that I had no right to criticize him because I cheated on my fiance with my current husband for a year before breaking it off and that I was promised to guy #1. It was actually during that year while I was cheating that I got engaged to the man I dumped for my husband. It had been a 5 yr relationship and he never knew about it. My husband did.





I personally think that it is NOT as big of a deal to cheat on a fiance as it is a spouse but was surprised at how many on here seemed to think that cheating on a fiance was still really bad. I'm still looking for something to spring from here in my argument as to why Edwards was wrong, and I was not so I can still bash a liberal and make a great point. Thoughts? Cheating on a fiance is QUITE different than a spouse. Right? What argument can I use to show I was right or at least that he was ';more'; wrong?Is cheating on a fiance really as bad, still want a good explanation?
Of course your friend isn't buying it! You see the mote in JE's eye but you don't see the log in your own. Cheating is cheating and you are a hypocrite to criticize him. I think really your aim is to bash any liberal, and the infidelity is just a peg to hang your gripes on. No argument exists that could nail him and exonerate you, as is clearly the unanimous opinion of every answerer here. I am wondering how long it will be before you cheat on your husband, or maybe he is already cheating on you, since he knows by personal experience that you don't consider it a big deal.Is cheating on a fiance really as bad, still want a good explanation?
Cheating is cheating, whether on a test, against a friend, against a spouse, with the IRS, on your job....


Cheating....Look it up in the dictionary. Nothing good is said about it.





With that in mind, would it bother you that your city councilman is caught lying to you? What if you found out that your boss lied to you about a promotion you didn't get? How about finding out that your parents have been lying to you?





Get the picture? Lying and cheating hurt People.
Why get engaged if you were going to cheat... you couldn't have been too serious about it in the first place or you wouldn't be trying to make this argument. Engagement is like a down payment on a marriage. All the same rules apply or at least should, otherwise just have boy/girl friends.
Cheating is still bad whether it is with a fiance or a husband or even a boyfriend. It still hurts the one that is getting cheated on. If you don't care for that person break it off before hand. I am sorry but this seems childish and your friend is right. Cheating hurts. and please remember....Karma.
wow, take away that gold medal for our gymnasts at the olympics. The mental gymnastics you are trying to do to justify your COMPLETELY WRONG AND DISGRACEFUL actions far outweigh their physical feats last night!
Your comparison of Edwards' situation to yours makes me question, what are you trying to gain here? You want absolution because your affair was justifiable, while Edwards was not? And your premise is based solely on the differences in marital standing?





Your twisted logic brings to mind Sir Walter Scott's observation:





O what a tangled we weave,


When at first we practice to deceive





You want to win based on a technicality. It's the same as those calling in a bomb threat. They had no intention of going through with it, so technically, they're innocent.





Sorry babe, no one is buying it. You were flat out wrong %26amp; no technicality is going to win you out of it.
Cheating is wrong, fiance or spouse. Either way, you've broken a promise that shouldn't be broken. It's hypocritical for you to talk badly about Edwards having an affair. There is no argument that Edwards was wrong and you were right, because you did the same thing. Being engaged means that you will marry, and is less permanent than, but just as exclusive as, marriage. Don't put others down (even politicians) unless you're perfect, and you are clearly not, none of us are.
Engagement is a place between a casual relationship and a marriage. It's a formal arrangement, a promise to spend the rest of your lives together beginning as soon as you can.





To cheat on your fianc茅 is to cheat on the person who is supposed to be your spouse.





All right, so you dumped him and married someone else, but he thought you were going to spend your lives together, didn't he? You lied, you cheated, you betrayed a sacred promise. You are, in essence, an adulteress.





Were I ever to betray my fianc茅e so I believe that certain friends of ours would hurt me a great deal. What is more, I believe they would be right to do it.
All cheating is bad. If you had wanted to be with your now husband that badly why didnt you break things off with your fiance first? There is no reason to cheat on someone, unless you have that little self esteem you cant stand to be single.





I hope your husband is aware that if you could do it with him then you could do it to him.





Edit: You gave us your story, of course you are going to be judged. I dont think anyone has a good reason other than you are a hypocrite.





Going on your other questions, you just sound like an immature attention seeker anyway, especially your one about how you dont mind if you make a mess of black people's teeth when you are at work as a dental nurse

1 comment:

Bradley Copper said...

My life was falling apart, I was being cheated and abused, I had to know the truth and needed proof. i saw a post about a private investigator worldcyberhackers@gmail.com by a friend. i contacted them and they took care of my needs. they hacked her iphone and gave me all information in her facebook,instagram, Whatsapp, twitter and email account. I got all I wanted as proof . I am glad i had a proven truth she was cheating . I recommend them if you need help

Post a Comment