Monday, August 16, 2010

How honest is too honest?

I've been known to be straight forward and honest type of person, but I am beginning not to like that image because generally people associate that with tactless expression of opinion. I don't think that I am intentionally hurtful of anyone's feelings. I'm more honest to the point where I'm blinded by my own opinion and oblivious to how others may react. Overall, my friends tell me that I'm honest but NOT in an abrasive manner. So for the rest of you, how would you deal with the following?





1. Would you tell someone there's something in their teeth? (me yes)


2. They're fat? (me no)


3. They have bad body odor? (me maybe)


4. They are neglecting or abusing their child? (me maybe)


5. Gay? (me no!)


6. Tell a friend about a cheating spouse? (me no)





They say it's how the sender words their expression and it's up to the receiver to translate it and perceive it as they wish. Human communication is very complex and baffles me from time to time.How honest is too honest?
There is a BIG difference in being honest and being boisterous.





You don't have to say a word to anyone unless you are asked a question and you can still be honest. If someone wants to know something, they'll ask. When they do ask, you can be polite and still be honest. (Do I look fat? Well, you aren't as thin as you were in the seventh grade, now are you?)





For someone to go out of their way to state what's on their mind is simply attention getting... that has nothing to do with honesty.





Remember: All unsolicited advice is self serving.























~How honest is too honest?
When you use it the wrong way, by being rude or insulting.
  • windows live
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment