Monday, August 16, 2010

Dealing with anger - which is worse?

Your spouse has anger. Maybe you did something to deserve it, maybe you didn't, maybe it's something small being blown out of proportion. Doesn't matter.





How would you prefer your spouse express this anger? (or deal with it)





Yelling.





Hitting.





Cheating.





Freezing you out (silent treatment). . . a.k.a. ';emotional withdrawl.





. . . given that the ideal choice - speaking calmly and rationally about it, in order to arrive constructively at an equitable resolution to the anger - is NOT an available choice as far as this question goes. . .








I'm just wondering; which one people would rather have directed at them, or NOT directed, and if anyone has any comments or experience.Dealing with anger - which is worse?
I would prefer Yelling.


At least with the yelling all the anger comes out and you can move on with life.





Cheating Would lead to a problem that could last the life time of the relationship, or longer.


Hitting is Just wrong. No one deserves to be hit by their spouce. If someone gets that mad they should just leave.





Freezing you out..... whats the point really. The problem will still be there in the end. Just as it would with Cheating %26amp; Hitting.





I guess if Yelling was done at least there would be a line of communication.


Communication is the real key. Even if it must be done loudly. It is better than not done at all.





With all of that said, I hate to be Yelled at!


But given my choices............Dealing with anger - which is worse?
If I had to pick out of any of the above, I would say the yelling. I've been through 3/4...no cheating...and they ALL suck! Emotional withdrawal can sometimes be the worst as you can see the anger and venom in the person's eyes and he or she will still freeze you out and not talk.








I guess in a ';perfect world'; we COULD have that ideal choice....it's just too bad it gets expressed in all the other ways first.
The yelling is better than the hitting and cheating. I would dump him if he ever hit me or cheated on me. The silent treatment makes me think that it could never work out after it. It is just so cold. The yelling you have to have a lot of emotions and anger which can be soothed after some time.
I have heard of couples who loved to shout at each other.....





None of the above options are healthy. My eventually ex-husband would yell at me, than he cheated or was it the other way around...


I am very happy without the yelling and cheating....
I'd rather him yell at me. Unfortunately, my husband has done all of the above to me, but the ';emotional withdrawal'; is by far the worst probably because thats whats going on with us now.
Men do have trouble talking things out. I guess I would choose yelling. I hate being shut out.
id perfer they leave

No comments:

Post a Comment