Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A married Ex calling once every few weeks?

I want to first say that he is a nice person and not a shady obsessive person. We dated and then we split because I could not take it further. He had wanted to marry me. He then moved on and got married to someone else. He calls once every few weeks to ask how things are %26amp; to chat. He keeps it casual and I am very sure he calls when his wife isn't around, mostly during day-time from work. I have not been feeling comfortable talking to him, more so because I don't even know or have spoken to his wife, NOR do I want to know her. I am just not interested. Plus, he has not initiated any talks of introductions either - between me and his wife. Moreover, we live in different states so there is no opportunity of bumping into them, ot meeting up him and his wife or scheduling something.





Would u term this cheating - whatever he is doing? Am I making a big deal? He calls once in a while to touch-base and keeps his phonecall short and sweet. Just a hi-hello talk and nothing else.





SO.. my question is how can I most politely tell him to please not call anymore because I am uncomfortable? He has been trying my number a few times because I intentionally did not pick up the phone. I am feeling a bit rude for keeping silent without communicating to him what I feel. But then I also know he will be hurt with whatever I say.





So, just ignore and continue ignoring the calls, or politely talk to him directly or more bluntly? And if I do talk to him, what should I say.





What would u do...





Thank u guys.





ps: A general question I had. Is it Required that the wife or husband know each and every person that the spouse calls and keeps in touch with whether online or on phone?? (I have never been married and was curious in general about how you all have dealt with this with ur spouses.)





A married Ex calling once every few weeks?
Why are you being such a doormat? You should give yourself more credit. You ARE on target with feeling uncomfortable with this. He is doing the least he can to supposedly keep you interested; i.e. just in case he needs a back up plan (you). Yes, this is emotional cheating and it is just as hurtful to you and his wife. A guy like him is selfish and not considering his wife's feelings or yours. I would bet $$ she does not know he calls you. Two ways to handle this: 1. Just ignore him....he won't leave you alone since he only cares how he feels and will downplay your feelings, he'll eventually find another source. Or 2. call his wife yourself and sweetly introduce yourself...if that makes you uncomfortable...leave him alone..he's married! A married Ex calling once every few weeks?
simply change your number. it might be a pain in the butt to get your new number to everyone you know but it would avoid the akwardnes of telling this man to stop calling
A lot of grey area here. But look at it this way, if you're asking this question then in your heart you feel something is odd. Best thing to do is communicate. Talk it over with him.
You have the power to end the relationship
i would talk my concerns over with him.
Be assertive. You know full well that what he's doing is something you wouldn't want a husband of yours to be doing. It's not cheating, of course, but it is inappropriate behavior for a married man. People who misbehave deserve to have their feelings hurt a little bit, so tell him to cut it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment